Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Monday, September 22, 2008

To Protect and To Serve

I love the semi-Fall weather we have been having. It isn't really cool enough to call it Fall all the way. We took the kids to the park Saturday between soccer and visiting hours at the hospital. It's been a long time since we went to the park on a Saturday and I couldn't believe how packed it was. I was tempted to drive right through the parking lot and keep on going, but the kids were so excited. There were several not so nice kids there and I don't think we will be going back on the weekend for a while. The police even arrived at one point and walked through. I thought maybe there was danger a foot in the Hernando metro area until I heard one of them say to the other, "yeah there is a board loose on that slide, and a couple that need to be replaced on the fence over there." I would have loved to hear that conversation...
"911 this is the operator, how may I help you?"

"Umm, yeah, there's a board loose over here on the slide at the Conger Park"

"We'll get someone right out sir"

They are really livin' up to their motto, To Protect and To Serve.

Last night on the way to church I was at an Intersection when a police car was coming from the opposite direction, he turned on his lights and his sirens, and drove through the intersection quickly, then turned them off and went back to regular speed. He turned into the gas station next to me and casually got out and went in the store. Do you think maybe he got a call to fix their toilet?

No comments: