Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Home Again, Home again, Jiggity Jig.....

We made it home this week for Vacation Bible School. Many of my peeps have emailed me to find out if I'm still breathing....I appreciate those emails. It's nice to be missed. The problem at the campground is that the internet connection is S.L.O.W...... Many times I have typed up a post only to be timed out when I tried to publish it so I just gave it up. We came back home this last Sunday to do VBS and for Tracy to return to work, but decided to leave our camper down on the coast and head back down that way in a week or so. It's just so hard to leave the beach! It's so much easier to relax there. It's no small wonder why. We got back here and I don't think I've sat down for more than 20 minutes since we got here. There is just so much work to do at home. In the camper I have what, 20 sq foot to vacuum, 15 to mop? One toilet to clean. Two beds to make. All done, that took 12 minutes let's go play. Here at home I have about 2200 sq foot of carpet to vacuum and another 1000 to mop. Forget that I haven't seen the carpet since 2004 'cause it's covered in toys. Let us not forget the entertainment factor.....my two children have been in entertainment withdwrawl since we got home. We get up and go to VBS every day so that means from about 2 p.m. every day when we get home until bed time they have no entertainment. (reference carpeting above) They got used to the large playground and endless entertainment of the gulf. As did their Mom. It's nice to be able to pull up a chair in the shade and peek at the kiddos over the top of a good book while they play. So....we are leaving next week to go back and this time I will try to make small posts each day or at least every other day.

On another exciting note I have an optimistic friend who thinks she is going to teach me to play tennis. She has been coaching another friend of ours who is doing quite well. Hubs played a good bit years ago before he met me, so he is eager to get back into it. I, think I'll limp along at best. Maybe I should take this next two weeks at the beach to do a boot camp of sorts to try to get myself into shape....or maybe not.

Well, I had better get some sleep tomorrow is the last day of Bible school. I am working on a slideshow of our Disney pics to put on here soon!

1 comment:

The Farmer Files said...

Sigh.....Life IS simpler at the beach (or living on an island)! Good to see you back. At least you can do laundry at home, right?