Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's just another Moron Monday.....ohhhh,ohhhh....

Hey peeps, haven't done Moron Monday in like, forever. Actually, I haven't blogged with any consistency in like, forever, but I read an article tonight that blew me away. Apparently swearing, cussing, cursing, whatever you call it at your house, is a "
universal human linguistic phenomenon
". Yes, and apparently needed people from large universities, being paid large large salaries to research this and they have determined that if we swear when we get hurt, it helps the pain. ???? You have got to be kidding me!! It goes on to say that contrary to their expectations, people who swore had a higher tolerance for pain...In my house if you swore you developed a high tolerance for Lemon Fresh Joy....But hey, I'll try to remember this the next time I'm at the dentist's office, or having a mammogram. If they ask me if I'd like anything for the pain, I'll just say, "no, I just thought I'd cuss you out first and see if that helps."
These people must be smokin' crack. I want a refund of my tax dollars.


Photobucket

2 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

LOL possibly research done at my one of my liberal alma maters.

Christi said...

Oh yeah. lets waste more money on stupid research.

What I wonder is, what their definition of curse word is, and if these people are in the habit of cursing.

What I mean is, if your "curse" word of choice is something like "boogers," does that count - as in saying "boogers" after stubbing my toe helps. In this case, it is more like a release valve than saying "cursing makes you feel better."

And some people use curse words the way the rest of us use "the" and "a/an." For these people, they would nearly need to bit their lip which would be an additional source of pain.

Just my 2 cents (see I am way cheaper than their study)