Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby it's cold outside!

Oh the day, it has come to a close. The Fall Bible Study "To Live is Christ" by Beth Moore ended today. I always hate it when a study ends. I feel like I'm losing a friend. I guess you can add attachment disorder to my dossier of psychological grievances as if OCD, and ADHD weren't enough.


Winter has suddenly arrived in the North Mississippi region. The Farmer's almanac says it's supposed to be colder than normal this year. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 44. What up with that? It's not even Thanksgiving yet. Sydney is in bad need of some winter church clothes that actually fit her. So we headed to the outlet mall to see what we could find. I know I have written about this before, but once they cross over from a 6x, into a 7, you can forget cute little girl clothes. Gone are the dainty swing tops with flowers,and butterflys. Bye-Bye smocking, and embroidery. Hello Ho attire. And I'm not talkin' 'bout Santa Claus Ho, Ho, either. I have been to several stores, Kohl's, Penny's, Target, and Wal-Mart. Unless you're raising a Britany Spears prodigy, or you worship Hanna Montana you may as well hang it up.

We finally headed to the outlet mall thinking we could find something a little less trendy. I asked the sales lady if they carried any little girls clothes that really looked like little girls clothes. She looked at me like I was crazy. Well, not really, she looked at me like a weasel, because she looked just like a weasel, it would not surprise me at all if that woman burrowed into a whole a night. She took me straight to the pre-street walker pre-teen section. I told her that I didn't really like that style, that she is only 7, yes a pre-teen, but barely more than a preschooler. Her advice to me was, "learn to sew." I know how to sew. My advice to you is: "make sure you dig a deep whole, 'cause it's gonna be a cold winter."

My day ended on a fun note. I went to a friend's house for a Pampered Chef party, where some WONDERLISHOUS food was to be had. I got recognition for attending the most PC parties this year, coming in at somewhere around 728. The closest anyone else got to my attendance record was two. Clearly these people are shut-ins. Thanks for the invite J- and for the fine cuisine K!

I am going to bed now. But I am leaving you with a picture of one of the many dresses that I turned down.
If any of you know where they have some cute fabrics clue me in, it looks like I'll be sewing this weekend.
Good night.

3 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

This cracked me up. You think like a crazy, hormonal pregnant woman. Ask me how I know.

calista said...

Lora Lynn, I know how you know. I saw your pics....hold tight, she'll be here soon. My hormonal madness is from a lack of hormones...

The Farmer Files said...

I am so afraid that my boys will bring home a girl one day that is immodest! I would fall over!!!!