Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Now I know what a nervous stomach feels like.....

Hey there! I'm back. We finished our Christmas Musical tonight at our Church. We worked so hard all week. I have to say when something like this ends, it's bittersweet. I also have to say, I'm glad to be rid of the terrible case of nerves I've had for the last couple of days. My good friend Ginny and I were scheduled for the same solo, she was to sing it on Saturday, and then I was gonna sing it on Sunday. I had a mild case of the jitters which is normal for me, but then my friend Ginny got a sore throat and called me on Friday to warn me. The jitters turned into the shakes. Then when she called on Saturday afternoon to let me know I for sure had to fill in for her on Saturday night, I actually yacked, tossed my cookies, spewed, you name it. I have been nervous before, but I must say I have NEVUH been so nervous I threw up. UNTIL yesterday.

Finally, in the song just before mine, the Holy Spirit seemed to work on me and tell me that I was singing to God. Just to focus on Him, and sing to Him. The most discerning ears there, the choir, had already heard me sing the song many times, and they are my friends, JUST sing to God. Anyway, the LORD worked it out and the whole musical turned out really nice.

I am off to bed to catch up on some sleep before school tomorrow, and hope to be back to normal this week.
G'Night

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHH, I'm so sorry I contributed to your nervousness! You did a WONDERFUL job last night, and I appreciate you being able to step up for me. God meant for YOU to sing that song. I'm sorry you were sick!!!!

The Farmer Files said...

Bless you for honoring Him! Those nerves sound worse than first trimester pregnancy! LOL!