Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Theology of Horton and the Who(s)

Hey peeps. Tonight we rented Horton Hears a Who.....CUTE movie. It had a lot of teachable moments. The homeschoolin' Momma in me really was starting to get on some little nerves, I'm sure. But, I mean really, when Horton was holding the little flower with the speck on it, and he was telling them "I am here, I have you, holding you in my hand, I'll take care of you," and the little tiny Who people who lived on the speck kept saying, "but we can't see you." He said, "just cause you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. Have faith." I mean, Hello?

Anyway, I'm rambling I know. I'm tired. Head ache. No sleep. Busy week. Choir practice every night(and nervous about the program) Two kids parties, one Mom and Dad Christmas party, (I started to type adult Christmas party, but that wouldn't look good now would it?) Anyway, there's a thing or nine going on all the time. If I could call in sick, I would, but the thing about homeschooling, NO substitutes, nope, it's all me. Scary thought. Speaking of calling in sick, I noticed in the Yahoo news that they are fixing to have "Day without a Gay" day, where all the gays are supposed to call in sick so the rest of the workforce can see how invaluable they are. This is just a wild guess, but I'm thinkin' this is one day all of the men I know would go to work with a severed artery before they would call in sick. I mean really. Can you imagine the water cooler fodder? "You know, Dan's not here today. Have you ever noticed he has a slight lisp when he talks??"

I have signed up for BooMama's Tour of Homes on the 15th, so I am going to be taking pic's of the Christmas decorations at the mall of my Christmas decor to put on here in a few days. Are you all finished decorating? What about shopping?

No comments: