Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Praying to move a mountain....

I've had so much heaviness on my heart of late that if I'm not purposeful at staying in constant prayer, I'll fall into a pit of depression. I try to keep the blog "lite" with general musings and the silliness that I love about everyday life. But today I have to unload some deeper matters,,,so, go get a cookie, then come back.

Sometime back I began to pray that God would help me to see things the way that He sees them. To love and care for people and be concerned about what they are going through. So often we hear people say "well, what did they expect?" or "I don't feel sorry for them for that" "It's hard to have pity" you know the phrases, you've heard them too, maybe even said a few of them in your day, I have. However, lately I can't hear a story on the news, or hear of a difficult situation someone is in without feeling overwhelming compassion for that person, and that situation. Even if it was because of a bad decision or ignorance on the part of the person suffering. I am so thankful that the LORD has opened the eyes in my heart. I know first hand this is compassion that you want to learn through His Word and prayer(in the class room as they say), and not on a field trip. I have learned sympathy, and understanding before the hard way, by having to go through my own trials. The fact is that sometimes when we pray to ask God to move a mountain, He chooses to leave the mountain right where it is, because the climb will be good for us. You see, through the blood, sweat and tears of that rough climb, we learn things like how much we really need Him, how we can't do things on our own. We learn compassion for others who may have been there in that situation before us. We learn to mentor people who may be in that situation after us.

I don't know what your mountain is today. Or if you are even facing one. If you are not at the foot of one today, then you will be at some time. If you are a child of God than you can trust in Him to be with you every step of that climb. He will hold your ropes, and not let your foot slip. (Psalm 121) When you come out on the other side, you will be more like Jesus, compassionate, understanding, and merciful, and your faith in the One who never left your side will be even stronger than before.

Father, please help me to trust in you today. Help me to put all of my fears, and doubts and failures in your hands. I know that YOU are in control of my life, and all that surrounds me. Your word tells me that you have a plan for me, for a hope and a future, not for harm. I trust your word that tells me that you will not let my foot slip, that you will be right by my side. I thank you that wither you decide to move the mountain, or lead me over the rocky terrain, that you have a purpose in it all to make me more like Jesus, the lover of my soul. In His precious name I pray,
Amen.


If you are not certain of your salvation, and would like to know how to be saved, here is some information for you. It is the best decision you will ever make.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of one of my favorite sayings "Don't tell God how big your mountain is, tell the mountain how big your God is."

Amen, sister. Good preachin'.

beckyjomama said...

I am hugging you right now.

THe old song says "if I had never had a problem, how would I know my God could solve em? I'd never know what greats His works can do." So true, so very true!

Gretchen said...

Hi Calista.
It is so weird I found you on SITS. You are the person who commented there just above me so I came by to say "hi".

Your words really resonated through my heart. I just opened up my bible last night, at random, and read Psalm 121 beginning to end. That's so weird!! (play twilight zone music...)

I can tell you have a really beautiful soul and a fun personality. Keep it shining!

Lora said...

Beautifully written, and beautifully honest. Thank you for sharing.

Visiting you from SITS and I'm glad I did. :0)

AndreaLeigh said...

great post. it is so true. sometimes I think we become jaded without even realizing.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful sentiments. Compassion goes a long way. And thank you for telling me to go get a cookie. I did. It was tasty and sweet, the perfect pairing to this post.