Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stocking up, and naming your price!

Who among us has not read the posts by people claiming to be able to feed their family of four and a stray cat on twelve cents a week? I know, I know, I exaggerate, but really. We've all read the ones who claim to only spend about $30 a week to feed their fam. I thought it was a pack of lies. But, friends, it can be done. And done well. The secret behind this ability is to STOCK PILE. I am going to post some pics here of some of my stashes...

The Capri Suns are something we consider a staple at the Witness household, so at $1 per box, I stocked up. They won't last long...we'd already gone through two boxes when I snapped this pic.

We LOVE Smores Goldfish, and most any other type of Goldfish for that matter as long as I don't have to change it's bowl......Kroger had these 10 for $10 and I had .75 off each one in paper coupons,,I also had ecoupons for .50 off of two. I got FREE Goldfish. The Flatbreads are another of my addictions, they are normally around $3 so when I scored these for $1, I stocked up.


I don't pay for toothbrushes. Kroger also had OralB 10 for $10 and I had .50 q's which they doubled. Wag's (Walgreen's) had Reach for .99 each and I had $1 q's....so those were free. I'm waiting for them to do that one again!


Again, Kroger had the Crest 10 for $10 and I had .50 q's which they doubled. I had a couple of .75 cent ones so I had to pay a quarter for those since they only double to .60.....I paid $1.25 for 14 of them...plus tax

All of the men's razors where either FREE or FREE plus money back. Don't get confused, they will not REFUND money to you. The way this works is that the money is applied to the rest of your bill. So don't go in and buy ONE item and have a coupon worth more than the value and think they will give you money for it....if you find a store than does, call me, I'm goin' shopping there. Most all of the women's razors were free at Target. I had to pay .50 each for two packs, but the rest were freebies.

The shaving cream was .50 per can after a Wag's coupon matched up with a manufacturer coupon. The 3 Nivea Body washes were .99 each and the other body washes behind it were free, all at Wag's.

The pepsi products I got at Wag's yesterday. GREAT SALE. they were 4 12 packs for $8 after a $5 rr. My sister mailed me two q's from her paper that were for $2 off 4 so I got them for $1.50 a 12 pack. Thanks Sis!!She's my partner in this thing.


The pantry is a crazy mess, please excuse it. I plan to organize it this week....bwahahahah. Yeah right. The puddings were almost free at Target when I matched their q's, the fruit cup packs were .94 for each container of 4. Lots of free soup in the background.



That is just what I have handy. I also have a stash of Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener that I've been living off of for almost a year. I have over 15 Toaster Strudel pkgs in the deep freeze, ditto for Lean Cuisines, and so forth. I got most of these for nearly free if not totally free. When I can get items for almost nothing I will get as many as I can, so that I will not be at their mercy when I need something. If you have a stockpile then you can name the price you are willing to pay for an item instead of having to pay what they are asking. For example....I'm not willing to pay for than .25 for toothpaste. I'm not willing to pay for toothbrushes at all, the same goes for deodorant, which I didn't take a picture of, but I have about 15 sticks. If you don't have any and you need it, then they have the upper hand. So you get the idea. Stock pile your regulars and then you don't have to buy them later. You'd be surprised how low your grocery bill is if you don't have to buy washing products or toiletries. If you're stocked on cereal and soup and such that's even less. I'm to the point that I really only need to buy meat, milk, and bread for a while. But if I do that I'll lose my stock pile. So I just stay on top of what I can get for free or close to it.

Another thing about coupons is that you can't be brand loyal if you want to maximize your savings. If Sure is on sale for .99 and you have a $1 coupon, then that's the kind you might want to use instead of Secret this month. There are some things you just can't change though and for those go ahead and get the free item and donate it to a needy cause. I can't tell you how many bags of things I've given away 6 bags of things in just the last 6 weeks. If there is a favorite, like Crest at my house, then consider going to a clipping service like Kuntry Klippers and purchasing a bundle of coupons for your favorite item. That way when it goes on sale you can buy bulk.

Now go...clean off a shelf and get ready!

Photobucket

No comments: