Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

American Idol, you do not fail.............

....to leave me speechless at your exploitation of ignorance.

Okay, maybe speechless was an exaggeration!


The first few shows of the season are always the best for me. I love to see the levels to which morons will stoop for 15 minutes of fame. The only thing I hate about it is that you can usually tell within the first 3 seconds after the groupie contestant opens their mouth whither or not they have enough talent to sing at their cousin's wedding. In these opening shows they tend to only show the really good contestants and the ones that stink so bad it peels the enamel right off Simon's veneers. There are many we don't get to see who are really good, and could go either way, will they? won't they? I'd like to see a few more of those.

But alas, what do you do when someone has no talent and yet insists on humiliating themselves at a grasp for fame? Exploit them for laughs, at least that's what AI does, and so shall I.....Here goes....


Alright, bear in mind I just watched about an hour and twenty minutes of AI from last night before the kids absolutely melted and I had to turn on the Wii. I only have DVR on one TV, the same with Wii and wouldn't you know it, they are on the same one. So far I can say the only thing better than watching AI in the past is watching it on HD which is new at our house this year...YEAH!!

So, thus far.....I don't like the new judge Kara DiorheaGuardi. I may be jumping to conclusions, but she seems a bit like a wench snarky to me. Moving right along....
What did you guys think of the contestant Michael Gurr? He reminded me of a rabid dog. And his name was so apropos because he put a "grrrr" into every word. Scary..

I noticed Randy got some new glasses this season. I wonder how many times he's gonna reference his weekend stint with Journey this year? Maybe he can invite that Chinese guy that sings like Steve Perry to do a special on the show. Sorry, just had to throw that in there. Only real Journey fans will get that one.....I am a product of the 80's what can I say?


Okay, usher in Bikini Ho. All I can say is "poor Ryan." Is her white trash brain really so lame that she doesn't know? Or did she think her skimpy bikini from Baby Gap was gonna change things. He was almost as uncomfortable when she kissed him as he was when he realized he was trying to HIGH FIVE a BLIND DUDE! HELLO??? He did a better save there though. He was frozen in his closet tracks when she laid one on him. Paula was more comfortable when Simon came at her with his tongue out in Season 6, or was it 5? They run together.......

I can't believe Simon voted for her. Obviously he's had one too many face lifts because his eyes are apparently covering his ears! In the past he didn't let his eyes over rule his ears. She was horrible, but he couldn't take his eyes off her,um,err vocal chords.

I have no more, until I see more. I saw on Fox.com that Constantine has a blog about the show...How long exactly can you drag out 15 minutes?


See ya tonight!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I honestly cannot watch the show at this point. It absolutely pains me to watch people so willing to make fools of themselves. I usually tune in when the people left don't make my teeth itch.

Kim Sue said...

from Baby Gap...now that's funny!