Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury,...

...my client has fallen in pee and can't get up......


Hello peeps. Hubs has been on jury duty for the last couple of days. It was one of those trials that keeps you on the edge of your seat in hair splitting suspense. Yeah, some guy slipped in some pee in a public restroom and wanted some cool cash for his trouble. There was nothing wrong with him. It happened 4 years ago, he's been to the doctor twice, both times they found nothing wrong, yet he sues. No wonder our courts are so back logged. And where do you think he found his attorney? I mean seriously. I can see the commercial now.
"Have you taken a prescription medication that caused you stomach upset? Have you been late to work because someone's car broke down in your lane and you were docked 5minutes pay? Or have you simply slipped in some urine and need a little extra cash? Why work, when you can sue? Call 1-800-GOT-MINE and we'll get your money for you?*****paid testimonial following....'Hi, I'm Porter C. Johnson, I slipped in some pee and now I have a shiny new car and a deluxe mobile home, thank you Mr. Flunk E. Attorney.'"

Of course, he left empty handed, yeah jurors. And hubs drove to Oxford and back for two days in a row to listen to this drivel. He has been called for Federal jury duty 4 times in the past few years, but was never picked for a trial. Then he gets this. A bit disappointing, but at least it only lasted for two days......


I know I promised to be here with my AI overview this evening, but I didn't make it home from the mountain of errands I had to run before it was over. So, I will have to catch up on two episodes tomorrow. Talk to ya then!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

ahhh yes...ambulance chasing attorneys...they actually make good money!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear what you have to say about AI. It was hilarious!!! So many things...the hoochie in the bikini, "explicit" chocolate, guy with the really low voice singing dead or alive, and of course who could forget Seacrest trying to give a blind man high five.

calista said...

Okay, I took a peek at AI on the DVR. I saw bikini ho. This is gonna be hIlarious. Can't wait to watch it tonight, but I have to wait on HUBS.