Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Friday, September 5, 2008

Big weekend

My precious girl is getting Baptised this weekend. I am so excited. We sat down together today for her to write out her testimony to give to the Pastor on Sunday. As she wrote the words about how she prayed and asked Jesus into her heart I couldn't help but cry y'all. She was young, almost five, and I just couldn't imagine her being old enough to make that kind of decision. Every time she would say she wanted to pray and ask Jesus into her heart, I would lead her in a prayer along the lines, of "Thank you Father for this good work you've started in Sydney, please continue to guide her paths...etc." But this time she said "I don't want that! I want Jesus in my heart NOW, NOW, NOW!! We were driving down the road. I looked up in the rear view mirror and her little eyes were closed and she was just a prayin' up a storm. She did it without me. I didn't have the faith that she could believe. And she did it without me. When we got home, I asked her if she wanted to pray together, and she said she already had, but she would do it again. It made me feel better. But I asked her today if she remembered us praying together and she said no. She remembers, word for word what was said in the car though, when she really did it, for the first time. Without me. I kept thinking there was no way she could understand propitiation, and atonement. No way could she be ready. But neither did I understand all that when I got saved. All that stuff came later. We are like babes at first. The Holy Spirit comes in and does His job, and then as we obey, we learn and begin to understand these things. What we need to be saved is to have a child like faith in JESUS. We've done a study on Baptism and obedience to the Lord, and she wants to be baptised. No way is she gonna do that without me. I'm gonna be right there, on the front row, the one with the camera and a box of Kleenex. This last seven years have flown by, I guess the next time she'll be the center of attention at Church she'll be walking down the isle for a different reason. And again, I'll be the one on the front row with a camera and a box of Kleenex.

3 comments:

beckyjomama said...

I do so love Baptisms - welcome to the Christian Family.

Always stand your ground, stay strong, lean on Him and let Him love you the rest of your days!

Melanie said...

That was so beautiful. I'm all teary. My daughter was baptized last year and it was just the coolest blessings in my life.

Calista, jump on over to my blog - I've got an award for you to pick up. You're a blessing.

Melanie

The Robertsons said...

How precious! Yay, another member of the Lord's team! I am glad that I found your blog.