Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I am a Proud Grandmother


This is my sweet child Elly, and my precious grand daughter Lucy, a.k.a. Baby Alive.
Aren't they sweet? I'm worried about that baby though, her momma had better get her to the doctor soon, everything she eats goes straight through her.

Elly went back to the doctor herself yesterday. And yes peeps, the tonsils are soon to be history. She will have them removed next Thursday. We were at the doctor yesterday for a 1:30 appointment. Oh how I wish he could have performed the surgery at 1:45, because this poor child has talked non-stop tonsil since then. She says, "I'm no-vus" to which I reply by calming her with promises of ice cream, Popsicles, and other soft carbs that she loves so dearly. My little child who rarely talks to strangers turned into Chatty Talkerson at Wal-mart telling every one she met that she would be at the "Kid's Hospital" (not sure where that hospital is) getting her tonsils removed next week, did they know? That has always been her tag line. Since the age of 2 1/2 she would state a fact, and then follow it up with, "di-ja know?"

She asked me this morning if getting her tonsils out was gonna make her smarter? Ummm, I don't think so. I had mine out at 12, and I don't recall any academic achievements flowing forth. In fact, my sister reminded me last night that I walked around with my tongue hanging out with drool dripping off for about two weeks. While the surgery will not make her smarter, she's smart enough already, let's hope it doesn't reduce her to Saint Bernard like symptoms either.

Please keep her in your prayers, she would like that. Di-ja know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about her. And her Mama!

Melanie said...

I will certainly be praying for your sweet girl.

Melanie