Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Monday, September 8, 2008

Fall is in the air....

...somewhere. But not here. No folks not in Missipi. It is supposed to be near 90 most of the week. We had that one promise of Fall on Friday when it was a bone chilling 68 degrees. All the ladies on my street came running outside with their cutsie fall arrangments, garlands for their mailboxes, and wreaths with mums and scarecrows on them, pumpkins and gourds. All of them except for me, cause you know, I'm a rebel like that. Oh the pressure. What would Martha Stewart do?

Today is a big day for the girls. They started a new co-op class where they will take Art classes, a class on famous American Heros, and a Science class. It's only on Mondays. They told me they are going to "Monday School", get it? Like Sunday School....oh, maybe it's just me.... They were so excited. I don't know where she heard the word, but Sydney asked me the other day what a nerd was. I told her it was the kid who grows up to make the most money....really, that's the way it turned out where I went to school.

We are counting down the days until Thursday when Elly gets her tonsils out. She is SOOO excited about this. She asked today "when I wake up will it me tomorrow and then today won't be today anymore, and I'll be closer to the day I get my tonsils out?" Ummmm, er, yeah. I think. It's possible you may have just completed Einstein’s unfinished revolution theory.....

It's time to take wake up the girls and get the excited kids to their class. Then I guess I'm off to Wal-Mart to get some 'Fall decorations'. Don't tell Martha I didn't make 'em myself....

No comments: