Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Your child might be watching too much T.V. if....

...you're shopping on the cereal isle, and she says, "look Mom, this is the new specially marked box." I told y'all we had been watching a lot since the surgery...did I lie? Of course this is the same child who at the age of 5 handed me a shred of paper with a 1-800 number on it, and said, "here, you need to order one of these." It was the number for that magical purse in which nothing gets lost because each item therein has it's own compartment. And she would be right, because I can't EVER find ANYTHING in my purse. Of course, I am sure this requires the owner of said purse to actually put the items where they go in order for them to be easily located. This disqualifies me. Instead of having just one big opening to dig for all of my junk in, I would have to go through each and every compartment to find what I needed. I can envision the line of people cursing at me in Wal-Mart while they wait as I go through each compartment looking for my wallet. NO.THANKS.

Rembember when you were young and you used to look for things to put in your purse. You know, a pack of gum with one stick left, one of your mom's old make-up compacts. Maybe a pen and a little notebook, a tube of chapstick, just anything to make it look like you actually had something in there. Now if my purse falls over it's like cleaning out the junk drawer at my Mother's house, the mob may be hidin' someone in that thing.

No comments: