Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Heavy man.....

This post is a little deeper than we usually swim together peeps, but my heart is HEAVY. I am VERY scared about this election. We, as Christians have a lot to loose. I will not tell you who to vote for. I ask you, as a Christian who is called by His name to read your Bible. Confess your own sins to the Lord. And let Him have your vote. I would love to see us start a prayer chain for our country. For revival on our land. For blinders to be removed. If all of us join together, and ask others that we know in other churches, in other cities to join together, think of the impact we could have. PLEASE give this consideration! We need to be bold in our faith, and who we are in Christ. We've been made more than just over comers, we've been made victorious by the blood of Jesus Christ. We are all busy, let's just take time, make time, intentionally, to focus ourselves in prayer.

Thank You

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Be at peace, Calista. There's no reason to be afraid. Burdened to pray, yes but not fearful. As God has reminded me of late, no matter the outcome of this election, He's not lost control. He's got a point and purpose in its outcome no matter what. No leader rises or falls outside of His okay. But we ARE called to pray for our nation and those in authority over us. May we all heed the call.

Blessings...
Melanie

beckyjomama said...

Girl , I know what you are saying!!! But, we have not been given a Spirit of fear - a fact that I am having to continually remind myself of these day. HE is our strength and our shield.

And I am all about a prayer chain. This country NEEDS it!