Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Healthy breakfast, I think not

Good morning Internet peeps. My 5 hours of sleep have left me with under eye bags big enough to check at the gate surprisingly refreshed. I have been trying to eat healthier as of late, so I got up and toasted my whole grain wheat English muffin, mixed up my raw honey, cinnamon and organic peanut butter to lather over the top, and then I had a thought.....wouldn't chocolate syrup be good on this? But that wouldn't be healthy and would ruin the whole thing, right? Alas, here I sit with chocolate drippin' off the thing and it is good sisters, oh yes, it is. Healthy schmealthy.

Major props have to go out to Michael Phelps. Not that I think he's reading my blog. I admire anyone who trained like that. He had me worried every time he wore that pants only swim suit, that thing was a wardrobe malfunction waitin'to happen. Y'all know what I'm sayin'.....

I've been working on a study in 1John this week. And this morning, I "got a word". Beth would be so proud. I was reading where it talks about having an advocate in Jesus. The Greek word for advocate is "Parakletos" representative,or like a lawyer. Just for kicks, I decided to look up the Hebrew (yes, I know, it was written in Greek) just to see what it said, and it said a covering or veil. Whew! Jesus does cover or veil our sin with His precious blood doesn't He. You know how Beth tells us to cover our heart with our hand when we get a word like that, well girl I slapped my chest so fast my sweet babies thought I was trying to kill something. In Syd's sweetest southern tone, "jagitit mama?" Yeah baby, I got it, and I'm gonna hide it, right here in my heart.

Elly is asking if she can have a Twinkie for "dessert." Should we have dessert after EVERY meal? I didn't think so, but I don't want to quell any southern traditions. Maybe if she didn't see her mama over here with a chocolate covered English muffin.......

No comments: