Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's just a drop of blood.....

Hey peeps, just wanted to drop you a blahg, before I make an attempt at sleep. Syd had been saving up her money and bought herself a prized possession yesterday, a plastic microscope. She had spotted it sometime back in the "educational" toy section for about fifteen bucks. Now, this child inherited ALL of my genes, including the cheap one. "They'll mark that down Momma," little cheap said. And they did, so she picked up the last one for a smooth $9 yesterday. It came with a couple of cheesy prepared slides like a knat wing, and eye of newt or something like that,,,no not really eye of newt. A wool fiber or something. But nothing nearly as exciting as human BLOOD, which is what she wanted to see. She asked me ever so sweetly, "Mommy, could you poke your finger with a needle and bleed for me?" UMMMM, let me think, Not right now. A few minutes later, I hear her in the play room trying to get her little sister to scratch her 12 mosquito bites(from playing outside until dark the night before) really hard. "Just scratch 'em real hard until the tops come off, Elly." NO, Elly Don't listen to your sister. I told her to go find some dust or something. Well, I got to thinking, maybe I should do it, in the name of science and all. Besides, I remember a little girl who used to ask her Mommma to do the same thing,,, and my Momma always did. So I got a sharp needle and braved a poke at my finger, no blood, must not have been hard enough, did another finger, no blood, let's try again, no blood. Girls, the ends of my fingers were bright red and SORE, but not a drop of blood. And it hurt. Finally I decided I just could not bare to poke myself any harder and sent her off to find something else. When Daddy got home, she asked him, that was a really quick and easy response..... "have you lost your mind?"
Well, after dinner I decided I might try one more time, even though I REALLY did not want to feel the pain of another poke, but I wanted to do it for my little girl....and to save the dog, because I noticed she was lookin' at him kinda funny. Well, I bit down on a rolled up cloth(for lack of a bullet), and poked myself fast and woohoo, got one drop of blood. And it hurt. You'd better believe I slapped that baby down on the slide with a quickness I dare not waste that drop and have to do it all over again. As I was rinsing off my finger, so proud of myself for getting that one drop of blood, the Lord nudged my heart by bringing these words to my mind...."If you, being a sinful human, know how to give good gifts to your child, imagine how much greater I give.." Luke 11:13 You see, I was whining about giving one drop of blood, and He sweat drops of blood. I was complaining about the instantaneous pain of a quick needle poke, while nails pierced His hands. Thank you Jesus, for dying for me.....

See ya tomorrow!

No comments: