Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Monday, August 11, 2008

Well, it's Monday afternoon again. Here I sit at the computer "taking" a much needed break from playing with play dough. That is the stinkinest stuff. I can't imagine how a kid can eat that stuff, but they do, oh don't say they don't, you know your kids have tried it too. Elly is finally better, she had a sinus infection last week. I was afraid she had strep AGAIN. It has only been a month since she had it last time. She came in this morning and said, "Momma, is it time for my meds".....what is this, an episode of ER? You're 4,,,yes it's time for your meds, thanks for reminding me. When we went to the doctor last week. He asked how our trip was this summer, and told us that he had missed us. I'm sure he did. What with gas prices so high and the Patterson's out of town, I'm sure he had hard time making ends meet. I assured him that if we planned on going away for an extended period again I would make sure he knew well ahead of time so he could budget accordingly. Ya'll, it's not unheard of for our family to to go to the doctor twice a week with different ailments and/or different patients, for real. I promise we are not hypochondriacs. If we could just get Syd to realize she is not a stunt person, and Elly to quit licking things, and puttin' everything that looks a little germy in her mouth we might stay out of the Doctor's office. Anyway, he was glad to hear that he didn't miss out on too much revenue as we only had to make one trip to the emergency room while away......so in case you were wondering how my 4 year old knows what "meds" are, now ya know.

Well, I gotta go, I just got a major guilt trip from Syd. They want me to come play "tent" with them. I built a huge tent across my bedroom out of sheets and rope and clothes pins. I thought that would be enough to entertain them so I could blog a bit. But thus, here they stand. Pouty lips, batting eyes, chanting please play with us. I know this will go by all too soon, and besides, Sydney said she told everyone yesterday I was her best friend in the whole world......ohhhhhh..off I go, if you need me I'll be in the tent.

No comments: