Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Here Lizard, Lizard, Lizard....

Alright so today I was typing with one of my friends, and she was mentioning finding a lizard in her house. I had to see her lizard and raise her one, cause you see.....

Two summers ago, I noticed one in my guest bathroom running across the tile headed to the linen closet. I came running out of the room faster than the time my Dad had been in there after some bad chicken, you know what I'm sayin'? Tracy took off in a mad chase to catch it while I was stood on the couch yellin' in tongues. He finally caught it and threw it outside. Fast forward about an hour, Elly, who was two at the time, was in the kitchen playing and from the scrapbook laundry room I hear "isssssser." I saunter into the kitchen to comfort her saying "no cutie patootie, Daddy threw the lizard outside," when what to my wondering eyes did appear but another lizard, yep. He was so stunned from hearing me call out the names of all the prophets that have gone on before, AT the top of my lungs, that he sat frozen until hubby scooped him up and tossed him out on his ear, or flap, or side of his head,,,whatever. Now, I don't mind a lizard, just not in the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you believe that as I sat here reading this one, the mouse that has been driving us MAD ran right across the floor?

I am writing this from atop the refrigerator....