Welcome to my world of run-on sentences and shameless over use of commas. All posts loosely based on true stories as viewed by a sleep deprived drama queen..........

Monday, August 11, 2008

Take me out to the ball game...

Tracy called this morning and wanted to know what we had planned for tonight. Never does my spouse call me at 10:00 a.m. and ask me what I planned to do 8 hours later. Gee, let me check my calender, feed the dog, cook supper, wash dishes, give the kids a bath, scan the television for something that doesn't have animated characters in it that's fit for viewing, that about covers it. We're an exciting bunch, are we not? So, when he told me he had four tickets to the Redbirds game and four vouchers for free hot dogs and cokes, all compliments of FedEx, I was giddy. No cookin', no cleanin' up, and did I mention I'm all about FREE. It's nearly my favorite word. A hot dog and a coke was suddenly like fine cuisine. Sounds good, we'll be ready. And a good time was had by all. Except the lady that wanted money outside the stadium who proceeded to shout bad language (and I don't mean ending a sentence with a preposition), at my family when we didn't immediately hand it over..... When we got home Syd asked me what the lady was doing and I told her she was asking people on the street for money, Elly's eyes lit up and she said, "does that work?" No, no baby, it doesn't. It is a sad situation, we remembered to pray for her. I never really know what to do in that situation. Many times I have given them money, I took an umbrella to a homeless man in the rain once, but I have also given them food, only to have it snubbed. What do you bloggity bloggers do? Let me know, I'm curious.

No comments: